All students study French in Transition Year. There is a big emphasis on developing a greater understanding of France and everyday life in France.
- To expand cultural awareness of France and French speaking countries.
- To promote European languages day in our school.
- To develop and enhance the 4 language skills of reading, writing, listening and oral.
- To learn, revise and build on French grammar.
- To acquire new vocabulary.
- To further develop digital skills. (i.e. work to be submitted online, powerpoint presentations, duolingo etc.)
- To be mindful of student wellbeing by giving students confidence to communicate in the target language.
- To further develop their understanding of the French language and grammar.
- The study of films from France. Students will complete a review of these films. Students will create their own film in the target language.
- To study a short story in French.
- To explore Ireland’s links with France.
- To engage in a project on France.
- To learn about France ( cities, cultures, regions)