We are committed to using technology and aspiring to the very high standards as set out in the Digital Framework for Post Primary Schools.
In the 2017/18 Academic Year we have conducted baseline research using the following methodology
- We were a pilot school for the EU selfie project – this project was designed with the Unesco competency frameworks in mind and provided us with very useful baseline data from a school leadership, student and teacher view point
- We surveyed teachers to ascertain CPD requirements
- We audited staff use of technology and each department set out their priority with Domain 4 of the Teacher section of the Digital framework in mind
- We surveyed parents.
As a school we are involved in the following technology innovation projects:
- ATS 2020
- School Digital Champions
- Selfie Pilot
- Eramus +/NUIG ipad workshops
- Google classroom and suite
- Tipperary ETB digital leaders
- Webwise student ambassadors
We were also on phase 1 of the Coding pilot and all our Junior students do either Coding or Digital Media literacy as a short course.